Sessional Health and Wellbeing Worker
Part – time Minimum 7 hrs per week, Fixed Term to 30th June 2018. Salary £10 per hour
The purpose of the post is to support the Salford Healthy Communities team to engage communities to promote and encourage the uptake of NHS breast, bowel and cervical cancer screening and NHS Healthchecks. You will be part of a team that is looking for people in Salford who are not taking part in NHS Screening programmes to sign post and refer them in to screening, as well as helping them to set a goal to take part.
The Sessional Health and Wellbeing Worker will
- Identify venues and spaces for engaging members of the public in screening conversations
- Conduct brief advice conversations about NHS Screening
- Signpost and refer people to screening services
- Set goals with people to complete their screening
- Record goals and conversations
- Support the Salford Healthy Communities team in engagement activities
- Maintain details of these conversations in a confidential manner
For an informal chat contact Bruce Poole on 0161 736 9207
Application packs can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, 9th March 2018.