The two day Introduction to Commissioning Course has proved very popular with organisations and individuals.
The course is based on the Department of Health Commissioning Cycle and covers each of the various elements of the cycle giving examples and providing participants with the opportunity to practice some of the required skills through group exercises.
On successful completion of the Introduction to Commissioning course (with or without undertaking the optional external assessment by Teesside University) participants should be able to:
- Identify and explain the stages of the commissioning cycle
- Discuss the principles of needs assessment in relation to the local population or an identified patient group
- Describe the principles of understanding a service review using an identified model or framework
- Reflect on how their role does or could link further to the elements of the commissioning cycle
- Reflect on how their role could further support an improvement in the health and well-being of the local population.
Recent feedback from a course…
‘Excellent and should run more sessions in current climate of change’